Sunday 24 October 2010

10 truths about me

Since I’m a new blogger I decided to write a 10 things blog post and try to introduce myself. So here I am: 

1. I’m quite a pessimist and I always see the dark side of a situation. I’m also good in exaggeration, that’s why I need people around me to be positive and rational to help me rationalize my mind and actions. I’m working on this and I’m trying not to exaggerate, which isn’t going as well as my aspiration to see things positive (not finished with this either)… 
2. I’m a city girl! I love the city pulse and having everything at the reach of hand. It’s great to go to the old part of the city in a small pub or café and have a nice evening with my friends. That’s why it’s a disaster that I’m born in a really small town where nothing’s going on. Ever. But now I’m living in Ljubljana (the capital of Slovenia), which suits me very well :)  

3. I’m studying political science. Though it wasn’t my first choice I’m very satisfied with it at the moment. I wanted to study journalism but I knew I didn’t have a chance to get into the course so I chose political science. First year was hard for me, I wasn’t interested in the studies but now that I'm in third year I love it. 

4. Generally I have very bad memory but I remember some things so clearly like they would happen a minute ago. That’s why I hate it when my boyfriend is trying to convince me that I’m wrong about something that I remember as clear as if I would have photographic memory. I heard there are some exercises for improving memory, I should do that!  

5. I hate being alone. I was an only child until I was 13 so as a little girl I was always in the centre of attention, which I loved. There was always someone around me. I have problems with being alone and that doesn’t mean that someone has to talk to me all the time. I just like having someone around me doing whatever he or she wants. 

6. I’m afraid of a painful death – mostly in a sense that someone would torture me and then kill me. If you really have to do it (I wouldn’t mind if you don’t!), do it fast!! Just shoot me in my head and don’t freaking miss!!But I’m also afraid of slow dying as a result of some horrible disease. I don’t want to suffer.

7. I’m afraid of snakes and not just afraid – it’s phobia! I can’t see a picture of sneak without yelling and screaming and getting scared to death. If someone talks about them I get horrified and I start to look around if there’s a snake anywhere near.

8. I have coeliac disease which means I can’t eat products that contain gluten which is in wheat, oats, barley and rye. The doctors discovered I don’t tolerate gluten when I was 17 so for the past 5 years I have to watch what I eat very carefully.

9. I love food and I love eating. Since I’m gluten intolerant my choices can be quite limited and I hate it with all my heart. But that doesn’t ruin my appetite it’s just that I have to be very careful about what I eat. Oh, and I also like to cook.

10. I’m a control freak. I have to have everything under my control, I have to know everything. That’s mostly bothering to my friends who have to plan their activities with me a couple of days in advance, since I have to have a plan. And it freaks me out if everything doesn’t go as planned.


Hmmm… It seems like I mostly described negative things about me… If anyone’s interested I could also write down some of my more positive qualities :)

9 comments:

  1. We have so much in common! I am with you on 2, 4, 6, 9 and 10. Crumbs :) I would say that I am an optimist, though.

    Your list doesn't come across as pessimistic at all - I think it's quite well balanced.

    As for city living - I live very near to the centre of town (Reading has a population of about 250k so it's a town in name only) and I love having hundreds of shops, dozens of restaurants, a cinema and all the buzz of nightlife only 200 yards from my front door. Love it.

    What's Ljubljana like? I've not travelled to much of Eastern Europe (esp after a bad visit to Budapest) but the image I have in my head is that everywhere looks like Prague...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, it's nice to know that someone's actually reading my blogs :)

    First of all, Slovenia is in Central Europe, though people mostly think it's in Eastern Europe. Ljubljana is a nice capital city, it's not too big (it's much smaller than most European capitals) which suits me well. Population is about 280.000 people.
    I love the old part of the city which has been beautifully remodeled in the past few years. It's great walking in those old streets and watch the Ljubljanica river run through town. It's also possible to take a boat tour on it. From Ljubljana castle there's a beautiful view of the city which is worth seeing.
    One down side about living in Ljubljana is fog, especially in winter. It's foggy till 1 p.m. and since my mood depends very much on the weather I don't like this at all.

    You should come visit Slovenia sometime maybe you would like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I honestly assumed it was part of Eastern Europe (which is lazy of me. It's not as if it would be hard to check!).
    Please tell me that it's nicer than Budapest!

    BTW, do you mind if I link to this post in a ten things post I am putting up tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not the firs one, so I'm used of correcting people about this. And I think Ljubljana is much nicer than Budapest :)

    I don't mind if you link to my post, I would be honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on #1, 2, 5, 9, and 10. I grew up in a city that was fogging every morning and loved it. If you have time, please check my list out.
    http://theangeldiary.blogspot.com/2010/10/10-things-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share with you what's mentioned in #6 and #9. Slovenia sounds a very beautiful place.... Also, here's a secret...some day, I'd like to have twins too... Take care... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. excuse me...are you my twins? :D
    this is so me : ...doesn’t mean that someone has to talk to me all the time. I just like having someone around me doing whatever he or she wants.

    okay cant help but ask, are u an aquarian?...there shoot me! i am a horoscope freak! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @fairysheels - no sorry, I'm a pisces... But that doesn't mean we're not twins :)

    ReplyDelete